Home-Start Watford and Three Rivers provide two Family Group sessions. One at Otley Way Family Centre, Otley Way, Watford, WD19 7TB this is open on Tuesday am 9.30 – 11.30 term time only for referred families only.
We have another Read and Rhyme Family group which is open to everyone; Wednesday pm 1.30 -3pm in The Barn 1 Watford House Lane, Watford,
Hertfordshire, WD17 1BJ this groups is currently funded by Hertfordshire Community Foundation and Watford and Three Rivers Trust
The groups provides a warm and welcoming environment for you and child to come and enjoy. Our trained group workers provide an excellent range of activities for to share in your child’s learning and development. It is also a great chance to meet other parents and make new friends.
Refreshments are available. Children will be offered a healthy snack.
About the Family Groups
The Family Group is run by Gaynore (Family Group Co-ordinator) with essential help from volunteers.
What we hope to offer you:
- Activities for yourself and your children
- The chance to chat with other families
- A stepping stone from your home to the parent and toddler and other facilities in your area
- Access to advice and support
Please help us by:
- Supervising your own child or children
- Join in with any of the activities that interest you
- Welcome newcomers
- Give us an idea about the things we could try
- Sign the signing in sheet (for fire regulations)
- Let us know the things you like or dislike about the group
- Observe confidentiality.
To prevent the spread of infections; please do not attend our Family Group sessions if either your child or you are feeling unwell.
The group is run by a paid member of staff working under the support of the Home-Start Watford and Three Rivers Scheme Manager.
Please note that attendance at the Family Group is for Home-Start Families and volunteers only and is by invitation by the Home-Start Co-ordinator. If you are a professional and would like to referral a family to our Home-Start family group please complete our referral form indicating GROUP ONLY thank you.