How can Home-Start Help?
Home-Start can help any mum, dad or carer with a child under five for any reason. This might include –
- Loneliness & isolation
- Relationship difficulties
- Coping with twins or triplets
- Ill health, disability or special needs
- Lone parenting
- Children’s behaviour
- Post natal illness
- First time parents or new babies
A Home-Start volunteer will visit you regularly, usually once a week for two to three hours and offer –
- Friendly support through difficult times for as long as needed
- Understanding that when bringing up children, problems are not unusual
- Reassurance that you are not alone
- A listening ear and a shoulder to cry on
- An extra pair of hands to help you cope with everyday situations
- Practical help with activities like playing or story time
Who are the volunteers?
Home-Start volunteers are people from different backgrounds and vary in age, but all have parenting experience. They –
- Will visit you in your home and accept you as you are
- Are carefully selected for their friendliness, practical approach and understanding
- Have had criminal record and other checks and have all attended a course preparation before being matched to families
- Some have been helped by Home-Start themselves
Will anyone else know if I have support?
Home-Start support is confidential. Personal information about you and your family is not given to anyone outside of Home-Start without your consent. The only time this policy would not apply is when there are concerns about the safety or welfare of a child.
Please have a look at our family leaflet Home-Start Watford and Three Rivers Family Leaflet
Registered office: Home-Start Watford & Three Rivers, The Xchange, Wilmington Close, Watford, WD18 OFQ
Site Content Copyright ©2016 Home-Start Watford & Three Rivers