Home-Start Watford & Three Rivers may be able to help you by offering you a volunteer if you:
- live in, or around, Watford and Three Rivers Districts or in Hertsmere District
- have at least one child under the age of 5
- are going through a difficult time in your life
There are many reasons why you may need us. Perhaps you are:
- feeling isolated,
- suffering with post-natal depression and maybe finding it hard to talk to anyone about it
- having a hard time coping with your child’s illness or disability
- being affected by the death of a family member
- struggling with the emotional and practical demands of twins, triplets or young children
- finding it hard to cope with relationship difficulties
- feeling exhausted or depressed
- coping with your own illness or disability
If we think you qualify for our service, a carefully selected and trained volunteer, who has parenting experience, can visit you regularly for 2-3 hours a week in your own home.
Our volunteers are there to offer emotional and practical support which is based on what we together agree would be helpful. Our support is flexible and responsive to your needs and can include:
- being a listening ear or someone to talk to
- helping and playing with your children
- help to find out about and access other local amenities and services
- encouragement and motivation
- practical help
If you are a parent looking for support, please contact us through our contact page to ask for a referral form. If you need help completing the form you can contact the office for help or ask someone else such as your GP or health visitor to do it for you.
Home-Start Watford & Three Rivers is an independent and confidential volunteer service – we only support you at your request. Once we receive your completed referral form we will arrange to visit you to discuss what issues your family is experiencing and what support is needed and how we may be able to help you.
We provide a leaflet with this information on and our contact details. Download it from here: Home-Start Watford and Three Rivers Family Leaflet