Thinking of Volunteering?
There are several ways that you can help Home-Start Watford & Three Rivers in a voluntary capacity:
- by supporting a family as a home-visiting volunteer
- by joining the Trustee Board
- by helping in our Family Group
Home-Start Watford & Three Rivers’s volunteers support families in a sensitive and flexible way.
They share their time, friendship and work alongside parents focussing on their strengths and offering families the opportunity to develop new relationships, ideas and skills. This usually leads to renewed interest in the children, an improved response to their needs and greater confidence to avail themselves of other resources within their community.
Volunteers visit with a family once a week, for approximately 2 hours.
The approach of the volunteer varies but will include:
- Offering support, friendship and practical assistance.
- Reassuring parents that difficulties in bringing up children is not unusual.
- Encouraging enjoyment of family life.
- Taking the time to develop a relationship with the family and an understanding of their needs.
- Encouraging the parents strengths and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of the children.
- Encouraging families to widen their network of relationships and to use effectively the support and services available within the community.
The ethos of Home-Start Watford & Three Rivers can be best described as :
‘one parent helping another parent through a stressful time’
If you can help us we would love to hear from you, please Contact Us.
Registered office: Home-Start Watford & Three Rivers, The Xchange, Wilmington Close, Watford, WD18 OFQ
Site Content Copyright ©2016 Home-Start Watford & Three Rivers